Friday, May 16, 2008

Lies

How much do we lie ? To whom do we lie ?( phrase seems grammatically incorrect ) . Why do we lie ?

I haven't figured it out , but if you have please do let me know .

What I find most astonishing about lying is that how much do we lie to ourselves ? I suppose we lie to ourselves to avoid internal conflicts . We lie so that we can completely ignore the truth ( or at least what seems to be the truth ) and the complexities that it might possibly create .

So the question is how much do we lie to ourselves ? What exactly is it that compels us to do so ? I don't have the slightest idea . So why the hell am I writing this ? I don't have a clue about that either . Funny isn't ?

1 comment:

NRkey Menon said...

There's a conscious lying and the unconscious. (Dont get me started on the definition of consciousness, i might have to kill you otherwise! :))
I've seen so many people lying just because of habit, lying for protection... a lotta reasons basically.
Although lying does require a lotta creativity, so a lotta brain muscle flexing there!